Also this year, come to Mount Baldo and let your brushes slide across the paper, observe and paint nature and its biodiversity: from olive trees to dwarf mountain pines, to canyons and beech forests. Three days on Mount Baldo, where you can admire unlimited horizons which change constantly: glacial valleys with tall rocky walls, grasslands and meadows covered with flowers, the eastern Alps enclosing this spectacle and Italy´s biggest lake right beneath your feet. These are some of the reasons to visit this place, and get in touch with nature to paint it on paper. Lorenzo Dotti, naturalist artist, will try to communicate his passion for drawing by teaching the tricks of the trade and the wonders one can achieve when drawing feathers, leaves or the horizon. His course is dedicated to landscape painting "en plein air" and will take place in the Rifugio Monte Baldo (www.rifugiomontebaldo.it) from 3-6 October. Participants will be tutored by Lorenzo Dotti, who will help them in creating drawings, from the pencil sketch to the final brushstrokes.
-Course Programm -
Three intense days in Mount Baldo´s nature
Thursday October 3
Meeting point at the Rifugio Monte Baldo at 3 p.m.
Room allocation and introductory lesson on "en plein air" painting
Friday October 4
Landscape and nature from Madonna della Neve, canyon and floral landscape of Mount Baldo.
Saturday October 5
Excursion to the Corno della Paura to draw the landscape of the Adige Valley and the cliffs from above.
Sunday October 6
Drawing along the stream and woods. This lesson ends at 3 p.m
The plan can vary depending on weather conditions.
- Techniques discussed -
Watercolours, drawing and pencil sketches and waterproof pen drawing
- Suggested materials and brands -
Participants will have to bring the following material, necessary during the course:
- Watercolours: Cotman Winsor&Newton 12 pieces godet Pocket Box , a steel pocket brush and half of black n.1.
- A block of watercolour paper among these products:
-Cotman Winsor & Newton 10 fine Papers 300 g/sqm 31x41.
-Fabriano Watercolour studio 20 fine Papers 300 g/sqm 31x46.
-Hahnemuhle Aquarell 12 Papers 325 g/sqm 30x40
-Arches Aquarelle 20 fine Papers 300 g/sqm 26x36
- Short round synthetic brushes among these:
- Da Vinci round with short handle, nr. 2,4,6,8.
- Winsor & Newton short handle. Nr. 2,4,6,8.
- Flat synthetic brushes: flat brushes with chinese bristles of any brand, nr. 12
- Pencil: 3H, Hb, 2Hb
- Fine tip brushes: Staedler black waterproof nr 2 and 3..
- White tempera paint: small Talens or Maimeri box..
- Eraser, Cutter with 9mm blade
- Tissues, and a jar for water
- Foldable chair to paint outside
- Registration and info -
The course will take place in Rifugio Monte Baldo from 3-6 October 2019, from 9:30 - 12:30 / lunch break 14:00 - 18:00.
The total cost per person is:
Double Room €305,00
Single Room €335,00 (limited availability)
The costs include:
- lessons with Lorenzo Dotti
- Room with full pension for 3 days
The course is open to beginners and experts, older than 14. Minimum number of participants is 6, maximum number is 18. The registration to the course must be done via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 September 2019. For more information: Lorenzo Dotti 333 4648829.